This project is read-only.

Version Numbers

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:40 PM

There are several ways to perform the version numbering part. One option is to use the date + svn revision number format. While another is to use the major / minor / build and revision numbers as well as the custom way which is to take the major / minor / (svn revision number.length - 4) / (last 4 digits of svn revision number). These are all valid ways but, perhaps there needs to be a way to customize this or leverage some sort of assembly information hints to allow that format to be used.

For a SVN revision 31245 the following formats are valid ways of versions (published 11/4/2009)

1. Date Revisions: 2009.11.4.31245
  2. Major/Minor/Build/Revision: 1.0.0.31245
  3. Major/Minor/SVN Revision Length - 4/Last 4 Digits of SVN Revision: 1.0.3.1245

This certainly depends on preference and will undoubtedly require a way of hinting at the type. At the current moment, option 3 is implemented.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM
Hi, Can I only update the vdproj version and not the assemblies? I'm trying to do this the following way: <CreateItem Include="**/*.vdproj;*.vdproj"> <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="DeploymentProjectFiles" /> </CreateItem> <UpdateVersion DeployFormat="$(Major).$(Minor).$(Build)" DeploymentProjectFiles="@(DeploymentProjectFiles)" /> However, it keeps telling me that the working copy is not clean, but I don't understand why it's saying this because I don't have local changes. Can you please help? Thanks!
Jun 28, 2010 at 11:17 PM
An example of the error message I find is this: F:\usuarios\marcelo\Proyectos\SoliSYSTEMS\TX.IDU\build\build.xml : warning : Working copy not clean; disallowed artifact found: F:\usuarios\marcelo\Proyectos\SoliSYSTEMS\TX.IDU\build